Monday, November 22, 2010

Things to be Thankful For!








How quickly the fall has seemed to breeze on by! Thanksgiving is fast approaching and it is such a beautiful time of year.

This month during classes we were in a Thanksgiving wonderland! We 'painted' what we're thankful for using large body movements, shared a Thanksgiving dinner together, and even danced in a reservation! While spending this month celebrating Thanksgiving the students helped me reflect on and realize all that we have to be thankful for! Here are a couple of examples from class:

"I'm thankful that my Mommy cooks dinner. Daddy only cooks Spaghetti-o's."

"I'm thankful that my sister has her own Buzz Lightyear." Me, "Why's that?" "Because now she doesn't try to put mine in dresses!"

"I'm thankful that I have slippers that keep my toes warm."

"I'm thankful for the Secret Dancing Place." Me, "Fantastic! Why?" "Because I like getting there on an ambulance. Mom never lets me ride in one!"

I learned we can be thankful for EVERYTHING in our lives. Not only friends and family, the arts, and happy memories ... but our favorite Buzz Lightyear toys and the fact that our Mom's cook! As long as it makes us happy, we better be thankful for it.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: